Moving can be chaotic, especially when you’re in charge of every aspect. So when it comes to the actual estate relocation, do yourself a favor and take a few tips from us. When you have as much experience as we do, there are some things you learn along the way.
Estate relocation can be easier when you are organized and plan ahead.
- Packing materials can be supplied and purchased by your estate relocation company.
- Have a plan to keep small children or pets away from harm during moving day.
- If packing things yourself, make sure you have a schedule for how much you need to get done per day.
- Use a smart, simple system to label your boxes, such as keyword descriptors and color codes.
- Keep all your packed boxes around 50 pounds, if possible, for safety precautions.
- Properly pack fragile items or electronics securely to prevent damage.
- Don’t forget to prepare any important address changes before your estate relocation.
- Check your insurance plan to see if it’s better for you to pack your own items or if a professional estate relocation company would be better.
At C&M, we aim to make your estate relocation as simple for you as possible. We use our experience and expertise to make sure you can worry about the big picture, while we organize, pack, and move during the entire process. Contact us or call 713-839-7677 today to see how we can help you.