If you’re thinking about moving the kids and your loved ones to Houston, you’re making a great choice. We’ve already covered the many benefits of general living in the city, from the cost of living to the job market. But when it comes to your family, you want to make sure it’s right for them, too. Therefore, education is a huge factor.
Houston is a top education destination, which means it’s ideal for the family.
- The Houston Independent School District (HISD) is the largest school district in the area with 288 schools and 13,000 teachers.
- More than 375,500 students were enrolled in higher education last year.
- More than 67,800 degrees and certificates were awarded in the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Technical schools in the area have taught critical skills, which have contributed to the emerging workforce.
- The City of Houston Public Library is a great resource with a Central Library complex in downtown Houston and 35 neighborhood branches.
If you’re curious about the other benefits of moving to Houston, just check out the video below, highlighting the reasons why Houston is considered “the city with no limits”. When it’s time to move, remember C&M Moving for your professional moving needs. We’d love to help you make your transition smooth so you can start enjoying Houston! Contact us here or at 713-839-7677.