The big day when you finally pack up the last few items and lock up your old home can be overwhelming. It’s the end of one life chapter and the beginning of a new, exciting one. With all the logistics also comes the emotions and that combination may sometimes make it difficult to remember things you must do on moving day. Here is a checklist to help:
- Check all of the storage spaces to ensure nothing has been left behind
- Walk through the yard for a final check
- Transfer garage remotes to realtor or new owners
- Remove any hidden keys outside
- Ensure you have keys to your new home
- Make sure the new owners have your new address and contact information
- Give your family and yourself some time to say goodbye to the old home
- Cut off all utilities in your old home
- Lock all doors and windows
- Get excited for your new home!
The best way to make moving day as smooth as possible is to plan well. Finding help from a local moving company can also provide you the professional help needed to allow you to take care of the important processes of moving. Speak to us today to find out how to make that happen. Call us at 713-839-7677 or write to us on our contact page.